Why choose Girls for Sail?
In 2016 we had a 100% pass rate with our YM Pro candidates, demostrating that here at GFS we dedicate ourselves to putting in 100% time, commitment and energy into your programme.
- We tailor a Bespoke package to fit into your timetable, meaning you are not constrained by fixed start dates.
- Personal mentor
- The opportunity to fine tune your skills racing in a regatta/ offshore.
- The opportunity to sail with Spinnakers!
- Depending on the time of year, it can be part taken in the Caribbean.
- Being part of an All Female Team – you won’t be held back here! You get to master all positions on the boat!
- Possibilty for Future work with us either in the UK or Caribbean!
- We pride ourselves on our levels of tuition. There's no such thing as a 'silly' question! There's no shouting onboard and as it's also your programme, we want you to have fun and go home relaxed and satisfied with your time here! Not to mention you get to meet new lifelong friends!
Thalita - previous job, Paramedic
Wanting to completely change her life, having little sailing experience she took the bold step and signed up for 6 months YM training and has never looked back! Thalita joined us for the ARC TransAtlantic Crossing, then spent 3 months in the Caribbean progressing thro the modules as well as taking part in Grenada regatta and the High Profile RORC 600! Thalita finished her programme in the UKs Tidal waters and passed her YM exam first time. Now the Sailing World is her oyster, this time she did the ARC with us as a First Mate- Great for her CV! And is currently working in her favourite place- the Caribbean. Thalita loved the racing so much she is taking part in another season of regattas, she says sailing got her fit, active and loving life again!
Annette - previous job, Marketing London
Annette had some previous sailing experience having sailed in Germany, however she wanted to start right from the beginning. Annette spent her YM pro in the UK covering her modules over the summer months and finishing the end of October just as the cool breezes set in. During this time Annette learnt to fly spinnakers during the spectacular Cowes week and took part in Dartmouth Regatta, in the West Country, as well as covering all the Yachtmaster syllabus. Once qualified Annette went straight out to the Caribbean and landed herself a job on superyachts before the ink was dry on her certificates!
Our values are simple: Encourage, Support, Challenge and Respect!